Saturday, July 2, 2011


Alright, the first novel I am reading for this blog is Let The Great World Spin by Colum McCann. All I know about this book is that it is a collection of short stories, and that it takes place in the 1970s. I first heard about it two weeks ago from my best friend. She told me one of the stories dealt with two Irish brothers and another on the life of a streetwalker. That was enough to get me interested in it.  I'm glad that it consists of short stories because that way I can post after every story. Also, I'm just excited to read this novel because I love pieces of work that are deeply human and this one seems to be, or at least that's the impression I get from what others have said, like the San Francisco Chronicle, who states: "McCann's gift [is] finding grace in grief and magic in the mundane, and immersing the reader in these thoroughly"
Plus I really like the '70s, so this book will be good, I can feel it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment